Little Oaks Nursery, Acomb was originally established to offer the pre-school children of Acomb a safe learning environment.
Today, our excellent reputation means our wonderful little nursery attracts children from much further afield. Our passionate team of highly trained practitioners provide Outstanding Early Years education to children aged 2-4 years old.
Little Oaks provides children with unique outdoor learning and exciting explorations thanks to our beautiful setting and dedicated staff. We aim to provide a wide range of stimulating activities in a safe, welcoming environment where each child is valued. We keep fees LOW and standards HIGH to give ALL children the best start in life.
*Ofsted Outstanding since 2008 as Little Oaks (Acomb) Ltd, last Ofsted inspection 2016.
- Situated within Acomb First School, Little Oaks is comprised of a main nursery room and an outdoor classroom with access to school yard and a large field. The field boasts a wild area, pond, orchard, hammocks, quiet areas and log cabin. The school is surrounded by picturesque farmland and a small wooded copse, where the nursery children enjoy their forest school sessions.
- Cooked midday meals are available from the school canteen and can be paid for weekly, snacks and drinks are provided for a termly fee.
- Fully stocked classroom, various gated outdoor areas including access to forest school
- We supply waterproofs and wellies for our outdoor activities
- Beautiful village setting
- Development tracked using Journals
- High staff to child ratio of 1:5 for children over 3 years old. 1:4 under 3 years old.
Costs per session:
Breakfast Club (Includes breakfast)
£4.50 (Age 3+)
£5.25 (Age 2)
Morning or Afternoon session (3 hours):
£14.25 (Age 3+)
£15.75 (Age 2)
After School (Includes meal)
£5.00 per hour (Age 3+)
£5.25 per hour (Age 2)
£4.00 per hour for siblings